IMAGINE THE DIFFERENCE
all of us could make.
What is the Navigant Credit Union Charitable Foundation?
As the state’s first-ever credit union and one of its longest-tenured local businesses, we are firm believers in Rhode Island. This is our home. We love everything there is to love about Rhode Island, and we feel a responsibility to give back to the communities we serve.
Since Navigant Credit Union’s very beginning, our mission has never wavered: To always be there for our community, with our time, talent and treasure. Over the years, Navigant Credit Union has donated to more than 600 different organizations, putting over $3.5 million back to work in the community.
In 2019 we established the Navigant Credit Union Charitable Foundation, an independent 501(c)3 charity, to make even greater, more impactful donations to these good organizations. This will only be possible because of thoughtful contributions from members like you.
What kinds of initiatives and organizations will the Navigant Credit Union Charitable Foundation support?
The Navigant Credit Union Charitable Foundation will actively seek out funding opportunities in the following categories:
- Education – organizational and capital support for programs, supplies, building projects, sports facilities and teams
- Social Services – financial support for programs and organizations for children, veterans, hunger and housing
- Arts & Culture – funding to provide organizational support for arts and cultural organizations
- Public Health – support for programs addressing public safety, emergency care and eradication of disease
- Civic Duty – support of service organizations, environmental and open space initiatives
We’re starting by raising funds. Together - you, we and our other 130,000 members - can help make a real impact supporting the ongoing work of community-minded nonprofits throughout our state.
Complete an Online Application to be considered for a grant from the Navigant Credit Union Charitable Foundation.
Application Deadline is September 30, 2023
Minimum grant request is $10,000. For all other requests, please click here.
There are four simple ways you can support the Navigant Credit Union Charitable Foundation.
Debit Card Round-Up
Every time you use your NCU Debit Card(s) associated with one account, the transaction will automatically be rounded up to the next full dollar amount.
Charitable Foundation Checks
Order Navigant Credit Union Charitable Foundation Checks and $5 from your purchase will go toward the Foundation.
Make a one-time or recurring donation using your credit or debit card.